The Ministries of our Church
Your church and your members will pay no fees for using AdventistGiving. Because of this, it’s worth enrolling even if only one member in your church wishes to use AdventistGiving. You can help keep our costs low by encouraging your members to give directly from their checking accounts instead of using credit cards. More than 50 percent of all offerings in AdventistGiving are given from a checking account (using an electronic check). AdventistGiving’s cost for each electronic check is 16 cents—less than the cost of a postage stamp. This significantly reduces our costs, which are shared by your local conference (70%), union (10%), the North American Division (10%), and the General Conference (10%).
AdventistGiving has always followed the highest standards of security and privacy. Your members can be certain their payment information is secure and that their donation information is only disclosed to the church treasurer. Because we designed the program in cooperation with our denomination’s legal and financial experts, you can also rest assured that your online giving records are auditable.
IT’S FOR ANYONE INSIDE YOUR CHURCH
It would be logical to assume that AdventistGiving would be used only by the younger members of your congregation. After all, aren’t they the most likely to do online banking? You might assume so. However, across all age groups and income levels, people are waiting for the chance to give online. Everyone with a checking account or credit card is a potential online donor—you might be surprised who in your congregation already uses AdventistGiving. And you might also be surprised how often your members give online: some churches have reported a significant increase in overall tithe and offerings after introducing AdventistGiving.
IT’S FOR ANYONE OUTSIDE YOUR CHURCH
While AdventistGiving is convenient for your members, others may also be looking to give online to your church. Visitors, former members, and people from your community may use AdventistGiving to help fund your local ministries. And Adventists moving to your area may be looking for a church that accepts tithes online, especially if they are accustomed to giving online to their current congregation.
WHY GIVE ONLINE?
- Simplifies your life - Online Giving is simple, easy, and also reduces post-office trips, postage costs, and weekly/monthly check-writing chores. It also gives the convenience of direct deposit or online credit card payment.
- Helps the church to serve others - When you participate in online giving, you’re also helping to make the process of record taking easy and more efficient.
IBENEFITS OF FAITHFUL GIVING
- Faithful giving draws you closer to God
- “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matt. 6:21 (NIV)
- Faithful giving allows God to show how much he can bless you.
- “‘Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,’ says the Lord Almighty, ‘and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.’” Malachi 3:10 (NIV)
- Faithful giving blesses you in return.
- “He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.” Proverbs 11:25 (NIV)
- Faithful giving gives happiness.
- (Jesus) “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts 20:35 (NIV)
Jesus has chosen you and me as channels of blessing for the lost people around us. Giving to his Kingdom measn new citizens added to His Kingdom. As we worship God with our Tithe, let’s also bring an offering that will enable our local church’s plans. Let’s also pray that the Lord will bless our sisterhood of churches with spiritual revival and reformation of life to hasten the Second Coming of our dear Savior. Let’s seek to please Jesus with order & systematic giving in our personal finances, and receive the blessed joy, peace, hope and power of His smile upon us.